Saturday, February 13, 2010

PACKED AND READY TO GO!

Well I did it. I was able to get 3 months worth of clothing into one bag and one duffel bag. Everything I read advises travelers that less is more so I am going that route. If I don't have it when I get to Australia, I guess that is a good excuse to buy it!

I fly from Phoenix Sky Harbor to LA which will take 1 hr and 30 min. and is a distance of 370 miles. I have a 2-hour layover in LA and leave for Sydney at 10:20 pm. It is a 14-hour, 30 minute flight and a distance of 7,483 miles. So that is a total of 18 hours flying time, and does not take into account the waiting time before and after the flight. I'm tired just thinking about it! I leave here on Thursday and when I arrive in Sydney it will be Saturday morning!

So, I have my clothes packed and even have converted some American dollars into Australian dollars. Thank goodness the Australian currency is in dollars and cents. The major difference is the $1 and $2 gold coins. Prices are rounded to the nearest 5 cents; so .97 cents rounds down to .95 cents and .58 cents rounds up to .60 cents. And of course the paper money is done in beautiful colors and the paper feels like silk. Foreign currency always has an unreal feeling about it.

So this is my last posting on US soil. My next posting will be from Australia. How am I going to wait 4 more days?

No comments:

Post a Comment