Tuesday, May 11, 2010

HOME AT LAST



I left Sydney, Australia, at 1:50 pm on Sunday, May 9, 2010, (Mother's Day). The flight took 12 1/2 hrs and during that time I watched 4 movies; read; ate dinner, a snack, and breakfast; and dozed on and off when I could.

Arriving at LAX, I had to go through immigration, pick up my suitcases, go through customs, give my suitcases back, walk to the next terminal, go back through security and walk to the farthest gate (why do you always seem to leave from the farthest gate????). I had a 3-hour layover, so I had plenty of time. It was like 2 or 3 am Australian time, and I could hardly keep my eyes open waiting to board the plane. The plane departed at 1:00 pm LAX time, and I arrived in Phoenix on Sunday, May 9, 2010 (Mother's Day) around 2:20 pm. Meghan and Matt were there waiting for me to give me a big hug! It was so good to see them!
When we arrived to my place, this is what greeted me. This is what 3-months of mail looks like and most of it is JUNK MAIL. Unbelieveable.


Katherine and John had set up a really nice dinner of sandwiches, chips, and cookies and Karin, Ron, and Ron's parents stopped over with veggies and dip. We all had a very nice visit and it was good to see everyone. It was my second Mother's Day celebration (the first one was in Australia) and it couldn't have been nicer.
My trip is over but the memories will last forever. This is my last blog and I want to thank you for taking your time to follow along with me. I hope you enjoyed it. I certainly did. Thank you Scott and Juliet for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment