Monday, March 29, 2010

JUDY'S DAY ADVENTURE IN NEWCASTLE



On Tuesday, March 9th, I decided to venture out and take the City Rail to Newcastle and spend the day exploring. I walked around the area of the Newcastle train station, visited shops at the Hunter Street Mall, stopped for a late breakfast, walked over to the beach and then to the Harbour area. After all that walking, I was tired and thirsty so I stopped in at the Brewery and drank a coke while I played some pokies! When I came outside, it was raining so I caught the City Rail home to Cardiff.


Newcastle is a modern city, north of Sydney, featuring a working harbour, a picturesque coastline, and a blend of old and new architecture which you can see in the pictures below. On December 28, 1989, the City of Newcastle was devastated by a 5.6 Richter magnitude earthquake. The earthquake claimed 13 lives and left a damage bill estimated at $4 billion.
Newcastle buildings - new and old



























The Beach at Newcastle



The Harbour

No comments:

Post a Comment